Craft Club Summer 2010 Registration Information

Looking for Summer 2010 Drama Class Information? Check out this post!

Dear American Girls & Families,

The spring AGDT semester is nearing its end – it has been fun, that’s for sure! Please check for a separate email with info about the summer drama semester!

In addition to drama classes this summer, I want to let you know about a new class opportunity I will be offering. If you’ve been involved in AGDT for a LONG time (since Spring 2006 or earlier), you may remember that the original AG classes included a weekly historical craft and/or cooking project. As the focus of the classes turned more to drama, I decided that these projects took away too much of our rehearsal time and they were transitioned out of AGDT. I offered this class at Christmastime last year, but it did not get off the ground, so I’m giving it a second chance. This summer, during the official AGDT break, I am hoping to start a new venture: a Crafts Club for the AGDT girls – or really, any girl who is interested. I’m not just looking for the “drama queens!” The Club will be aimed at girls ages 7-12, and will meet weekly for 4 weeks.

Each week during the 1-hour class time, we will learn a different craft technique, such as hand-sewing a pillow, making cards with felt and buttons, and more – plus we’ll throw in some good old-fashioned baking! I was involved in a similar group when I was younger – and I had a blast! If this first class is a success, it is my goal to eventually be able to reintroduce some of the lost arts of historical crafting – sewing, knitting, embroidery, etc. Each of the projects we make will be something that can be kept or given as a gift - plus the girls will receive instructions to make more of these items if they would like to make them as gifts in the future!

There will be just one session offered this semester. Sign up for the Craft Club AND an AGDT drama class and save – discount info below.

Tuesday Evening (6:00-7:00pm)
July 20, July 27, August 3, August 10
Projects will include sewing a patchwork pillow, felt crafts: greeting cards, painting pots and photo frames, and a cooking project.

I know that summer is an incredibly busy time of the year. Please email me with your concerns. Since this is a new idea –
I want to make sure it will work for you if you are interested! Classes will be held at my house in Lees Summit. I will send directions to the enrolled students' families before the classes begin.

Pricing is as follows: $45 per student. All craft/cooking supplies will be provided for the 4 weeks of each class. The full class fee is required with registration (if this is a problem, we can work something out – just let me know). Your registration and payment will hold your space in the class. The number of spaces is limited and will be filled first-come, first-serve, in the order I receive the registrations. Minimum 6 girls per session.

Interested in both the Craft Club and an AGDT drama class? Sign up for both and save:
AGDT - $75
Crafts - $45
Total - $120 - $10 discount = $110 (or $105 if you register by April 29!)

To register for the class, please send me your email address so that I can get you the registration form. You can email me at directorjewels@yahoo.com or leave a message on this post and I'll get back to you soon!

Thanks!
Julie